Shotkind.com is a website that is designed to entice people into buying something they don’t trust. They claim to sell light electric scooters that fold up for people over 50 at low prices, but they’re, in fact, they are a fake online shop.
If you purchase through them, you could receive a fake or subpar product or obtain any product whatsoever. It is best to stay clear of this website to avoid getting scammed.
Table of Contents
Shotkind.com Red Flags
Shotkind.com has several red flags that indicate it may be a fraudulent website. Here are some warning signs to be on the lookout for:
- Shotkind.com is a brand new site: The website’s domain name was registered in April 2023, and the owner’s identity still needs to be revealed. This is the typical sign of a fraudulent website that is designed to deceive customers for a short time before disappearing.
- No company details are listed: Shotkind.com lists the company name “Sayhi International Co. Limited” on their Contact page; however, the name is usually fake and is used by various websites. The address provided, located in Liverpool, England, appears dubious. Additionally, there is no phone number provided, and the only means of contact is through an email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). This raises a serious concern since it suggests they are hiding their identity and address. Genuine websites usually have clear contact information and a variety of customer service options.
- Prices with special discounts and sales specials: Shotkind.com offers electric scooters for sale at a surprisingly low price of $29.99 which is well less than the usual market value of more than $50. This tactic is frequently employed by scammers to deceive customers into purchasing inferior or counterfeit products. Be cautious and be aware that offers that appear too promising to be accurate often must be revised.
- Content copied from different sources: Shotkind.com has copied images and content from reputable online stores such as Alibaba, Amazon, or Aliexpress. This lack of authenticity and credibility suggests an attempt to trick customers by offering counterfeit products.
- Social media presence: Shotkind.com promotes its products on Facebook through a page dubbed ” Shotkindshop.” However, there are questions about its credibility due to Chinese content with only 3 likes. This is unique for a store that claims to sell trendy products. Social media is crucial in connecting with customers and establishing trust. The absence of activity raises questions about Shotkind.com’s plans and its commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Complaints made by customers: Shotkind.com needs more genuine customer feedback on the major review platforms. Customers have complained about a variety of issues, including delivery issues in customer service, defective or in error products, refund issues and unauthorised charge to credit cards.
- Shipping and Refunds: Shotkind.com’s shipping and refund policy is similar to those of other suspicious online stores. We are sceptical about its authenticity and reliability, mainly because we have not found any refunds or shipping reviews.
Is Shotkind.com a Scam?
In light of the red flags listed previously, shotkind.com is an online scam that should be avoided by customers. Nothing can prove its credibility or trustworthiness in delivering high-quality items or services.
Customers of Shotkind.com complained of non-delivery or receiving inferior products that were not in line with their purchases. They also needed help reaching this website for refunds or exchanges due to an inactive or inactive email address.
Beware of shopping on shotkind.com and similar sites that have similar warnings. These scammers don’t care about your satisfaction nor are they concerned about your safety by putting your money as well as personal information at risk.
What To Do If You’ve Shopped On Shotkind.Com?
- Contact your credit or bank firm: If you used a debit or credit card and are unsure of the transaction, immediately contact your bank to stop the trade and then request an immediate refund. You can report shotkind.com as a scam site and request any future charges to be blocked.
- Change passwords: If you have an account with Shotkind.com or have used the same password to access other accounts online make sure you change your passwords immediately. If you have enabled two-factor authentication, it is a good idea to protect your account from hackers and the personal data you have stored.
- Beware of emails that appear phishing: Beware of emails from shotkind.com or other sources concerning your purchase or refunds, discounts, or other offers. These emails are probably fraudulent attempts to trick you by directing you to click on unsafe download links or downloading attachments that could compromise your device’s security or even take your personal information. Remove these emails and be wary of opening any attachments or links they contain.
- Please do not download or install any application: Do not install any application that requires you to download, regardless of whether they claim they are for direct support or other untrue offers. These applications may contain trojans or viruses that are designed to steal the security of your personal data.
- Report the fraud to the FTC: Report the fraud to the FTC with evidence and communications documents to help others who could be victims of the same fraudster.
In the end, stay clear of shotkind.com at all costs. It’s a fraudulent website with numerous red flags, making it untrustworthy and unreliable.
Make sure you save time and money by staying away from this site to avoid disappointment or getting scammed.
Tips For Secure Online Shopping On New Websites
Tips 1. Conduct a thorough investigation of the reputation of the site and feedback from customers.
Tip 2: Find secure website connections with “https” and the padlock symbol.
Tips 3. Check out customer reviews to determine the reliability of the website and the quality of its products or services.
TIP 4. Learn about the site’s refund and return policies before making purchases.
Tip 5: Use secure payment methods that offer buyer security, such as credit cards or online payment providers.
Tip 6: Safeguard your personal information by only providing the essential information when you check out.
Tips 7. Check that the website provides customer support channels that are accessible to resolve any issues or concerns.
Tip 8: Be cautious of excessively appealing offers or prices that appear too appealing to be true.
Tip 9: Regularly monitor your financial statements for suspicious or unauthorised transactions.
TIP 10. Use your senses to guide you and stay clear of websites that make you doubt your judgement or appear untrustworthy.